Financial Assistance and Employment

International students are not eligible for U.S. federal or state-funded student aid programs but may obtain private loans with a U.S. citizen or resident as a cosigner. Canadian students also have access to the Canadian federal student loan program and most provincial loans. Documentation of sufficient funding is required for F-1 students because off-campus employment is prohibited by the USCIS during the first year of study. International students are limited to no more than 20 hours a week of on-campus employment while school is in session and may work full-time during vacation periods, as long as they have maintained status and intend to register for the following term. Bastyr University has a very limited amount of international employment money available.