Undergraduate Transfer Students
All students entering an undergraduate degree program at Bastyr University are considered transfer students. To be admitted to an undergraduate degree program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete 90 quarter (60 semester) credits from a regionally accredited college or university or its equivalent1 (only courses with a grade of C or higher are transferable).2
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and prerequisite GPA of 2.0.
- Complete the General Education and program prerequisite requirements.
Undergraduate transfer students who complete one of the following transfer degrees will satisfy the General Education requirements:
- Associate of Arts (AA)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Direct Transfer Associate (DTA) [WA state]
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) [CA state]
- California State University Breadth [CA state]
- Associate Degree for Transfer [CA state]
Note: Technical degrees, such as Applied Science degrees, will not automatically satisfy the General Education requirements. They will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis.
1135 quarter (90 semester) credits are required for undergraduate entry students applying to programs in the School of Traditional World Medicines.
2Credits from Midwifery Education Accreditation Council (MEAC) or Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) accredited programs may be accepted for midwifery programs or AEAM programs, respectively.
General Education Example Courses
Below are examples of general education course categories:
- Arts & Humanities – Art, Dance, Drama, English, Ethics, Journalism, Literature, Music, Philosophy, Religion, World Languages
- Social & Behavioral Sciences – Anthropology, Communication Theory, Criminal Justice, Economics, Gender Studies, Geography, History, International Studies, Management, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Women's Studies
- Natural Science & Mathematics – Anatomy & Physiology, Astronomy, Atmospheric Sciences, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Earth Science, Geology, Logic, Mathematics, Oceanography, Physical Geography, Physics, Statistics, Zoology
- Electives – Accounting, Business, Computer Programming, Computer Science, Education, Environmental Science, Physical Education
Application for Admission
Undergraduate transfer students may apply with coursework still outstanding. A minimum of one prerequisite course as well as 60 quarter (45 semester) units must be completed before applying. Students must submit the following materials to be considered for admissions for an undergraduate program:
- Online application
- Non-refundable application fee of $60
- Official transcripts from all previously attended higher education institutions
Please refer to the Deadlines section for deadline information.
Accepting Your Offer of Admission
All applicants will receive an email communicating their offer of admission or a denial to the University. To accept an offer of admission, pay the $200 deposit as an acknowledgement of intention to enroll.
- Deposits are submitted online through the Admissions Office.
- For students admitted prior to June 1:
- Deposits must be received by June 1 to guarantee a seat in the program.
- Deposits are refundable until June 1.
- For students admitted on or after June 1:
- Deposits must be received within 30 days of notice of admission to guarantee a seat in the program.
- Deposits are refundable for up to 6 business days.
- The deposit payment is credited to the student’s account and applied toward the initial tuition payment.
Deferring Your Offer of Admission
Students who have received an offer of admission are eligible to defer their admission for one academic year. Please contact the Admissions Office to confirm your deferral eligibility and for next steps.